Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spider Man posing



As part of my exercises, I shall show you my upside down pose of spider man; the famous pose when he hangs upside down from his web.





This is my version of the pose. Since I cannot move the individual fingers to form the grappling shape on the web, his straight hands will have to suffice. It's easy yet hard to do this pose.

Firstly the pose of spider man starts off like this:

So a lot of rotation is required to change the shape and position of his hands, head, torso, shoulder and feet. To place the features into the upside down position is also easy to do but the human body can only stretch and bend so much.






It is hard as this next image will explain.

When I tried to move the left feet to join the right, the knee does not bend, instead the knee moves in another direction and "merges" with the right knee. I tried to combine the 2 feet so that it joins nicely but it seems it does not work. This proves the limitation of the human body. We want it to stretch this way but sometimes the human anatomy won't allow us.

There is also the issue of how much can we actually bend or stretch. When I moved the shoulders to make that both arms are near each other, I don't really know how much I should rotate or move the shoulder. Should I move it lower and rotate it closer to the body?


I could also stretch the body by moving it up or down but how much should I stretch? Hmmmm . . .. thoughts to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment