Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rigging Exercise (literally)

Last week was me doing the rigging poses. Now I actually have to construct a rig from start.

Here are some lessons.


I have to rotate the arms (above) towards me to fit the rigging criteria.


I twisted the hand like so. See how all the vertices have been awkwardly rotated. 


I then selected the faces and deleted them.


Once I deleted the faces, I press for vertices and move the arm closer to the hand. I click on the merge vertices to merge the arm to the hand.


This is how I straightened out the arms.

By following the video tutorials so far, I can pretty much do what the guy does on the video. Making a skeleton on a body is easy because it's just connecting joints on the body. The problem is that you must know how many joints are there. For example, the body. There is the neck, the collar and the spinal cord. I also have to know the names of these to put them in the correct order in the hypergraph so that they can be grouped properly.

When new joints are created, all their rotational axis are in disarray. I guess when rotating the body, some joints would rotate elsewhere and that is why they must follow some specific directions.



Some errors occured like some joints would not orient themselves. The video tutorial showed "click on NONE in the orientation section" but 2012 does not have none. I fixed it by simple rotating it properly using the rotation tool.

Now I am completely stuck with this part. PART 5.

http://www.swinburne.edu.au/design/tutorials/maya/rigging-biped-advanced-maya-tutorial/P5/

There is 1 part where the person shows the centre pivot is at 0, 0 when he clicked the joint locations. So he said "press insert key and it will snap to the joint". It's not working for me thus far. I'm trying other methods. If you (I mean THE TEACHER) can read, how do you solve this?

No comments:

Post a Comment