Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2012

Rigging Exercise Part 2

Continuing on the rigging exercise video tutorials, I have finally done my rig of the female body.

First thing is the reverse foot lock.



Following the powerpoint slides, I was able to do this reverse foot lock.

1 thing I learned through this was an error that halted my progress. I could not pole vector the ikHandle of the leg with the sphere that was the control for the knee. Apparently, the video did not point out that the leg ikHandle had to an RPsolver, not SC. With an RP (Rotation Plane), I could pole vector the two items. Other than that, creating joints and ikHandles are quite easy.

Next is my rig and a few other poses.


Finally, after all the video tutorials, I have completed my rig.

I will say I have quite a number of things. Checking the rotation axis on each joint and snapping the center pivot to the specific joints so that when moved, we can click on the joint itself instead of it's default 0,0 value. Adding attributes and setting keys are new things I learned as well because it can limit how much one's finger should move. I could set the maximum and minimum range for the fingers if I so please. Another thing I learned is that naming components and grouping them properly is very important. 1 small mistake could lead to disaster.

I will say the rig is not perfect. I encountered  few problems. The foot control could not rotate. It only could move in the move tool. Rotating will only rotate the foot control, not the foot itself. Same problem with the hands; could not rotate it, just move it. The elbow and the knee controls work fine. The hip control does not work as well. It can't move or rotate. It's just there for show.

This is not a good rig; it is my rig. So creating poses from my rig is not easy. Here are some which I tried to fit.













No comments:

Post a Comment