Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Playing with the ElevenRig

There were other works we had to do and it involved also looking at the human body and placing it as the image shows.

Here is the first:



Although I wonder who can create a perfect recreation of the picture, I think it looks almost exactly identical (except for the fingers which I just realized is able to move). Getting the legs to cross perfectly also took time because the adjustments and the proportion of the leg and knee had to move more drastically.


Here are the ones I adjusted (especially the fingers).




The one major thing I adjusted were the fingers. Given the picture, I could adjust the fingers properly to bend it. For fingers, there were 4 parts to it. The main finger and the three joints. I cannot just select all and rotate it. I must rotate each individual joint. It's time consuming but worth it. To make it more realistic, I added a card for the model to hold. Then I just adjusted the fingers accordingly.

Another thing I learned was the eyebrows. I could adjust to make the model to more life like. So far, I could only know how to do the confused look which is to drag the eyebrow downwards. Other than that, the eyebrows need not be adjusted I think.

The second



This one was not that difficult. Again, I will move the fingers so expect this blog to be updated soon. And again, I believe it looks almost identical. I guess the weirdest part about putting this together is the legs. If you look at the legs alone, it seems as though it was for a character that is facing BACKWARDS. The knee rig is a bit sensitive.

Here is the ones I adjusted:




I think it looks better than the one I did originally because I adjusted the fingers and formed a fist. I placed the fists at the hips and it almost looks like the original.

Another I learned is to always adjust the hip. It can never stay the same way as the body, even as it bends sideways.

And the Third



This one was tough. I could not actually see the boy's right hand properly so I had to imagine being in that position and figuring out what his right hand position would be. So I imagined it being like that of his left hand; getting ready to dribble the ball to and fro his left and right hand. I'm guessing my teacher will have somethings to say but first, I should do up the fingers and adjust properly (which will take up a lot of time).

Here are the adjusted ones:




The fingers were of course adjusted. They were spread out evenly so that it can grab the ball. The fingers cannot be too close together. A normal human could not hold a basketball with the fingers so close to one another.

I adjusted the eyes a bit to make him actually look at the ball. This way, it won't look like he is looking at something further away.

No comments:

Post a Comment