Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hippo THE BODY!


Now we are going to do the BODY!


 I created a cube with subdivisions of 4 for the height and 3 for the width and depth. AND again it is all about extruding and adjusting. Now it is the legs.


Next is the hands.


Now to give the body more of a real human body feel. I bulged the stomach to make it look bigger infront. The back should be a curve as well while the buttocks should extrude out a bit.


I selected the edges near the neck and extrude it to form the neck shape.


Now for the palms. Again a cube but with subdivisions of 3 for the width and depth.  Extrude the bottom face to form the thumb. I extruded as well as rotated to form the natural shape.


Same thing for the fingers. Extrude and extrude; shorter for the joints and longer for the rest.


Lastly, select the face at the bottom of the palm and extrude it to form the base of the palm so that we can connect this to the hands of the body.




And the hippo (everyone says it is a cow) is done. The palms and the body may look a bit cube-like but I am proud of it. The palms and the head were attached by deleting the faces and merging the vertices of the 2 together.

Corrections

Apparently, I made a mistake when I consulted my teacher.


The hand on the left side of the "hippo" body is lower than the right hand. I made it so to make it look like it was dancing. But I can't do that because I have to pass it to the rigger to rig it. It has to be symmetrical so I apologize for the mistake.


So above is the corrected one. The one with the proper symmetrical outline. I posed the shoulders downwards like he is tired if that is okay.


I made changes to my hippo model . . . again. I had to redo the arms because I felt it was not straight for a proper model.

My reflection on this week's work is that I am once again learning how to extrude, delete faces and duplicating specials of a cut object to make it whole. I learned to transform a simple cube to make a face or a hand; just by moving vertices up and down and extruding certain faces of edges. Going to do poses involving spider man so it is going to interesting. I now know how to merge vertices together properly. I have to combine 2 polygonal objects first then I will be able to merge vertices together.

Next, I will be doing my character development journal. I have decided on a character and it will be evil/crazy. It's unique and interesting to play around. For example, this guy:

No comments:

Post a Comment