Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week 3 Lab 1

Exercise 1


So this here is a bucket I created during Lab 1. The handle is not what it looks like because I tried doing it my own way as well as remembering how to construct it. This lesson made use of a lot of extrusion and one new  thing which is the drawing of a line on an image then revolve the line to form a shape like the bucket. Sometimes, the tutorial is hard to follow as there are certain instructions that are un-clear. I try going to Google.com to find out more but it is very vexing to do so.

 Exercise 2


 Firstly, I took a screen shot of the vase for the exercise. Then in maya, I clicked view > Image plane > Import Image and placed it in the front view where I could draw the outline of the vase.

I then carefully sketched the edges using EP curve tool. Once that was done, I clicked on Surfaces > Revolve to revolve the outline into a shape.


And thus the vase is born! (It does not end)


No comments:

Post a Comment