Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Assignment IN3D

For the rat race, I was supposed to do a toy to be featured in the rat race. So I decided to use a rocket ship from the animation, Jimmy Neutron. Here are the pictures of the ship as well as my sketches of the ship (side, front and back).






Here are the pictures I drew. They are not wireframe ones as I do not know how to do that so I just drew them.


Story

My story for the rat race would be that during the race, the mouse trap car flies off the track but the rocket ship comes out of nowhere and saves the mouse, bringing him back to the track safely.

I am not sure whether this story is acceptable so please comment and let me know (the teacher, not you audience).

Shape

I think for the shapes like the body of the shape, I would choose face or vertex and extrude the front and the back, pushing the front and pulling the back. The wings; I would extrude and move the tip of the triangle to a certain direction like a shark's fin. Definitely will mesh > Booleans > Difference to make the nose of the ship. May bevel the wings.

This is my ship so far but I have difficulties combining the shapes and differencing the nose of the ship. The error for differencing is that "Must have exactly two polygons selected" but I did select two polygons. Please help! (Problem solved. I pressed for surfaces instead of polygons *face-palm* )

No comments:

Post a Comment