Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Assignment: Rocket

So by next week, the assignment for my 3D assignment has to be up. But the lab parts has to be done as well. I learned how to add colour to the polygons to make it look more distinct!


As you can see, it is brick wall; not some rectangle with no colour or texture.To add colours, I clicked on Window > Rendering editors > Hypershade that would open up another window. After that, I clicked on blinn to assign the material to the selected polygon. Instead of colours, I can add textures and I chose this texture from the internet and assigned it.

For the assignment, I had problems in the beginning already.


The one on the left was my unsuccessful one. The lines on the right is more fixed and neater than the left one. I had to redo it and I got far with this.

As you can see, it is smaller but at least, it looks a rocket now. I learned a new tool which is teh lattice tool under Animation. I clicked on Animation > Create Deformers > Lattice then right clicked on lattice point. This allowed me to bend and extend the vertex points of the ship. The rest were simple which were clicking on vertex or face then scaling or moving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment