Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Final week of 3D Visualization and Animation is here!

Our assignment was to do a walk cycle of a human body. It has to be accurate and imitate to that of a real human body. Thinking about it, I must think a lot of things when walking; how our hands, legs, body and spine move. We naturally cannot keep a straight spinal line so it is bent forward a lot of times. Our hands would sometimes move inward when walking (unlike my animation which just show my hands moving forward and backward when walking).

Thinking of the body when it moves, it moves down when the leg touches the floor and moves up when the other leg is going to touch the floor. It's hard to explain so here is my video and the references I used for my assignment.



References:

 See what I mean. The fourth pose is at the highest when the left leg is about to touch the ground while the right is pushing up the body.






Reflection:

 I guess what I learned during this assignment is that there is no easy way out and attention to detail is very important. 


For the first part, I had to manually move the person's legs and body constantly at every frame. Although it is very time consuming, I get better at doing it. After a few adjustments, I know where the legs and the body positions should be. 


Motion trails are a great way to see where the body positions are. I did all the objects manually so there are bound to be some mistakes so I used the motion trail to adjust further.

No comments:

Post a Comment